Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Changing House

So this weird thing is happening over the next month and a half - I have no house.
Over the past few days, I've been scurrying about in an effort to pack up all of my stuff.
In case you are curious, the pile of every single thing I own minus my bed looks like this.
Everything. Yeah.


So that's it, the totality of my stuff, and we put it all in the back of a Subaru and we drove that pile of stuff up to Portland. Then we put it in a magical place called Narnia, and there it shall remain until I return at the end of September to retrieve it.

Until then I'll be living in Vermont at school, at my parents' when I am in Tucson, and couch surfing with friends when I am in Eugene (only a week).



So I realized that this was the last of my college houses. Also, the last of my college desk, which I gave away today.
It served me well






'Twas a good desk.









So I managed to pack everything up, and as I did I looked back upon my work, and saw





So that's it. I have an empty room. The last picture taken in my last college house.


Roommates not quite moved out yet







I suppose I'd say I'm happy with the way things in Eugene turned out. It was a tough road, and I'm gonna miss Eugene a lot, that's for sure, but as I sat on my pile of stuff, looking back at the room - my life in Eugene is all packed up, and I'm ready to move myself to Portland and start again, bigger and better.







So now I am arrived in Massachusetts at the house I will be living in for the next three weeks.
It is a gorgeous place in pretty much the country, and not only that, but we are living on a lake.
Yeah, a real lake
So the water is nice and warm and swimmable, the walk around it takes about an hour (I'll do that at some point and let you know how it goes) and the place is just crawling with frogs, which I did not get a picture of yet, because by the time I found one standing still, it was too dark.

So Emilie and I are sharing a room, and it's a pretty tiny one, so it will be a challenge on our part to co-exist in such a small space for three weeks, something we've never had to do before.

What you see there is pretty much it - I am standing with my back up against the wall looking out at the door and window (which has an amazing view of the lake).

It should be an interesting time indeed.

Emilie has her first class tomorrow (contortion) and then we are gonna come back home and try that swimming thing. Our first class together is on friday, and it will be a rope class, and we are both incredibly excited for that.

So that's all the news from the front for day 1 (amazing that all of this happened inside of 24 hours)
I'll be back on friday afternoon most likely with more pictures, maybe some video of walking around the lake, and updates about the school.
Until Friday,
Hobey Ho, and so we go

No comments:

Post a Comment