Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cracked Glass

I lie down in the grass, the cloud drifting through kisses my cheek. The lights flash across my face, illuminating the cracked glass shielding me from the rest of the world. Layers upon layers of glass, and then above them nothing. Nothing but sky. Countless stars painted across the sky, speaking to me, asking me to come join them. They close in, beckoning me. Twinkling with their own personalities, they are so intriguing, and I have no choice but to come with them. The music drowns the sound of my breathing, and I leave my body in the glass coffin. My hands sink into my chest, my feet into the ground, and I am lying above the glass, finally with nothing between me and the universe. After the universe has shown me all it wanted to, of its calm, of its beauty, of its oneness, I begin to come back to my body. My feet rise out of the dirt, my hands out of my chest. As a gift for my communion with the stars, I am in ecstasy. I feel bliss radiating from my stomach downwards through my body, and heat up into my arms and chest. My breathing quickens and picks up volume, and I am aware of it once more. I rise out of my glass encasing, and rejoin the rest of the world around me. Hookah anyone?

In the tent, I am resting (communing with the universe is fairly draining) and friends are doing some healing work, going on about chakras, and my eyes slowly shut and I fall asleep for just a few minutes. I wake up to the sound of Travis' voice, but I don't open my eyes. I don't need to: I can see him plain as day. I know where he is from the sound of his voice, and I can feel his energy pulsing around us. I can see his face, and his mouth when he talks. I can see his chest rising and falling with his breathing. I can see Shakti pushing healing energy into my body, see the energy flowing from the universe through her into me. I can't hear Kat though. I can see her, out of arms reach, and she is the brightest light in the room. I couldn't see her with my eyes, I couldn't hear her with my ears, and I couldn't feel her with my hands, but I knew she was there. I went to her, and just felt her face - I wanted to learn when it looked like without the distraction of sight. As I payed attention, I could feel everyone around me. But not the dead things - I have a bruise on my knee to prove that rocks don't have energy.

On August 8th, the universe taught me how to see without my eyes. Not a lesson I will soon forget.

2 comments: