Thursday, July 12, 2012

What do you think you are doing, young man?

So when I started doing fire arts when I was younger, I knew it was dangerous. I knew I was going to get burned, and I was ok with that.
But then I go and get a burn like this:
And after all these years of fire, and burning myself, and seeing others' burns, and getting rope and silk burns, this is my reaction upon seeing this thing in the mirror after it happened:

"OH MY GOD! IT LOOKS LIKE A BUNNY RABBIT, THAT IS SO CUTE!"
no, not "damn, that is a pretty gnarly looking burn"
not "man, that really sucks, that is gonna hurt tomorrow"
but "it looks like a bunny rabbit, that is so cute"

I've been doing this too long...
Anyway, off to work, where I get to perform aerial three nights in a row - I've got lots of bandages, don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment