Sunday, October 16, 2011

Acrobalance is ROCKING

So about two months ago I started an acrobalance group in the park, just as a place for us to play around, and it really picked up. If you don't know what acrobalance is, I really don't want to explain it, so I'm just going to send you to the Acro Wiki so you can go do your own research (or, in terms of my new motto, which I'm fairly certain I partially stole from my father: Go. Read. Become Educated).
Anyway, the group really picked up and we kept gaining members, and then someone pointed out something which I was avoiding thinking about - it rains in Eugene. I am not worried about the rain, actually, we can always go to a park under an overpass and work there, but it gets cold, and it gets wet, and that is just not fun. So, we moved ourselves into a brand new space called Core Star Cultural Center where they teach martial arts and yoga, basically, nice sound system, and slightly bouncy floors. Oh - and most importantly, a roof and heating.
So this was our third week in the space, and we had TWO people there who were not there by any of our invitations, they found out about us through Core Star. YAY ADVERTISING!

So this week the theme was mounts and dismounts, and we went crazy figuring out really creative and outlandish ways of getting into the simplest of positions (in fact, we did the three simplest tricks I could come up with). Anyway, the video that inspired that lesson contained within it an amazing combination that I wanted to try with my main acro man, Eli. I love this guy, he loves acro, he is really strong, and will do just about anything I can think of. So we did the combination and nailed it on the first try (almost, he tried to do a little extra, which is why you'll see him stutter a little bit on a transition) and it was amazing.

Anyway, it is just a little short 30 second video, and I wanted to share it with you, partially because I don't really have any acro videos (but we will, we have something like 20 members, and a lot of them are getting really good, so we'll start rehearsing soon), and partially because I want to brag on how awesome this is.
Many more videos and updates to come!
Oh, and how do you guys like the new blog format? I think it is kinda boring compared to my oh so colorful design I had before, but it just means I have to post more pictures and videos to keep things interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment