Wednesday, July 27, 2011

End of the Year

So my lease is up in two days, and I am almost moved out. Just a desk, a few boxes, and a few bags remain to move until my room is a shell again. On the upside, I traded with Braedon so that I don't have to move my couch to the new house (also, I have no place for it there) so he gave me his CamelBak! So, I've got that taken care of, no more couch, one less thing on the list of "things I need for special fire stuffs." Very exciting there. Additionally, Braedon is getting much better at firebreathing, he took his first blast off of his own hand last night, and we didn't stop there. He took a blast off of my hand (when my hand serves as the pilot light) and closed with a blast off of my dragon breath, which is fire that hovers less than three inches from my face. It was very impressive, I was a proud teacher.

So with move-out so close, I am left with time to reflect on the year.
At the beginning of this year, I was moving into the first space that was to be my own. I was moving in with Evan, my roommate from the dorms and Braedon joined us as a third, because we needed a third, and he needed a house. Evan and I drifted apart as he picked up a second job and was never really home, and Braedon and I grew closer. We declared ourselves "domestic partners" on facebook, which nobody really seemed to get. We decided that being roomies was not enough; we wanted to share more. We shared food, we spent more time together, we relied on each other for emotional support, and talked about our issues. It was basically a relationship without a physical aspect. And we are not living together next year - our partnership will end. It will open the door for new friendships and new partnerships and a whole new year of experiences.

I took a lot of classes this year: Morphology and Syntax, Elementary Analysis, Cultural Diversity, Neurolinguistics, Logic and Argumentation, Love and Sex, Differential Geometry, Modern Dance, Tap Dance, African Dance, Dance Improvisation, and Contact Improvisation.
Next year, I plan on taking Differential Equations and Fourier Analysis, Phonetics, Phonology, Syntax, Human Nature and many other classes as well. Additionally, it has been hinted at that I will be participating in the Spring Show as a tapper!

Coming up on senior year - then the plan is over. Then I have to start making a new plan. So far the plan is this: keep teaching circus, keep choreographing my own works, and audition for every single company I can get my hands on (Cirque, Velocity, Neil Goldberg, 7 Doigts, and a few others) until something takes.

In the meantime, back to Tucson I go - in August, just as my lease is running up.
There are two things wrong with this plan.
1. Packing for a trip when you are packing to move = bad plan
2. Tucson IN AUGUST!!! WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING!
Oh well, I will have fun, eat a lot of Eegees, spend a lot of time at the Epic Cafe, visit The Dojang, Zuzi, and anything else I can think of because I will not be home for Christmas - it will be a whole year before I am home again.

I think that accounts for all the updates to my life for now - see some of you in Tucson, see some of you in two weeks when I get back to the Eug!
Love for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment