Saturday, March 20, 2010

Belated Blog

Well, I took a blog hiatus due to the insanity on my life that was dead week and finals week, but they are over, and I’ll give you the quick run down.

Linear Algebra: got a 23/35 on my final (I know that sounds low, right?) but I have an A in the class

Linguistics: Got a 9/10 on my final paper on German, and combined with my 9 on my first paper and my 86 on my first midterm, grade is looking good (still waiting on the second midterm for the final grade)

Several Variable Calculus: I did really well in the class as a whole (95 and 87 on the midterms, and 97 average on the quizzes), and I think I got a mid B on the final, so I’m expecting an A– in the class.
Chemistry: This class to be perfectly honest, kicked my ass, but I am positive that it kicked everyone else’s ass more. In addition, I feel really good about the final (lots of questions taken from past quizzes which I studied all night the night before) so I am expecting a B in the class. Again, fortunately, the third term of O-Chem is supposed to be way easier than the second.


BUT! Enough of classes, I dealt with them for the last 2 weeks so much that textbooks were flying out of my ears, so I don’t want to talk about them anymore.


So spring break has begun, and what are my plans for this week? How am I going to let loose and relax after a really stressful two weeks? Anyone who knows me well will know the answer: I am going to take advantage of my free time by working more. I have about 5 hours of work every day at bounce (possibly more, I told Naja to give me as much as she can). This will help with my money situation, because I can’t work that much during the week (because there are only two circus classes per week, and I can’t teach gymnastics or trampoline). So that’s exciting.

Oh, and I am staying at Evan’s house over spring break, and so is Kat – I think this is the proof that we are not faking out friendship, we actually did have a clean break up – she is actually here with me now at my favorite coffee shop right across from me – she is gonna help us set up the gym tonight!


But what is more exciting is this: I CAN HAS PUR4MINCE 2NITE!

Yep, I have my first show in 6 months on circus (that new years thing doesn’t count, that was structured improv). We have lights, sound, choreography, a story and everything! OH! And costumes! We have the most amazing costumes courtesy of Mitra, who is amazing. She made tailored costumes, and they are SO FRENCH CIRCUS! I’ll have pictures on facebook very soon, so keep your eyes peeled. In addition, we are going to get a video recording courtesy of the Nolan family (parents of one of our little girls – for those of you who read the Register Guard, they printed an article on us, and Melody Nolan was the cover picture for us).

You can find it on the Register Guard website, but here is my favorite part:

The other adult performers are Adrienne Wise, Francine Porter and Connor Cobbledick.

Cobbledick is a 19-year-old who moved to Eugene from Tucson, Ariz., to attend the University of Oregon. He studied circus in Arizona.

Cobbledick designed a trapeze piece, performed to the song “No Signs of Pain” by Azure Ray.

For Cobbledick, the piece is personal and emotional. It’s about a specific event involving one of his friends.

“You don’t have to have words to tell a story,” he said.

I’ve never been mentioned like that in the newspaper! And they didn’t misquote me or anything! How cool is that? I am so glad that I get to tell the story that I mentioned in a previous blog (Progress), and according to my co-workers, it gets the emotion across (I even got a little teared up the last time I did the piece). So, that’s all very exciting for me.


Erm, thats about it for my life. Due to the craziness of my schedule:


Day in the life of Connor over the last two weeks

Get up at 9 for breakfast before classes/finals

Get done with classes/finals between noon and 1

Sleep till 4:30

Go to work/rehearsal till 9/9:30

Come home and get dinner

Study until 4 in the morning


That’s all I have been doing for the last two weeks. It is awesome. That’s all for me, I’ve got to get going in a bit to work, call is at 5, and I want to get there a little early to get the idea of what we are going. Wish me luck! I love you Kali!

No comments:

Post a Comment